Tuesday, October 01, 2013
We filmed a video providing more details about expanding your site to more languages or
country-based language variations. The video covers details about
and potential implementation on your multilingual and/or multinational site.
You can also follow along the slides about expanding your site to more languages.
You can watch the entire video or skip to the relevant sections:
- Potential search issues with international sites
- Questions to ask within your company before beginning international expansion
- International site use cases
hreflang="x-default": details and implementation
- Best practices
Additional resources on hreflang include:
Webmaster Help Center article on
- More blog posts:
- Working with multilingual sites
- Working with multiregional sites
- New markup for multilingual content
x-default hreflang" for international landing pages"
- Webmaster discussion forum FAQ on internationalization
- Webmaster discussion forum for internationalization (review answers or post your own question!)
Good luck as you expand your site to more languages!