Thursday, July 31, 2008It was an ordinary Wednesday morning when I decided to film my day at the Googleplex...
A recap of the day's events
Our team shares a doc containing our current agenda and the previous meetings' agenda, minutes, and action items. In this meeting, we discussed:
- Feedback from blog post on Duplicate content due to scrapers. Some webmasters suggested that we could improve our detection. In order to improve quality, it would help to get feedback with specific examples. Susan Moskwa, one of our Webmaster Trends Analysts based in Kirkland, Washington, volunteered to post a blog comment to solicit more information.
- Recent and upcoming releases
- Webmaster Tools API on schedule
- "Skip intro" in search results
- JuneTune online chat agenda
- Two recent spam techniques mentioned in the blogosphere. Brian White, who leads one of the Webspam-fighting groups at Google, explained that one technique is new twist on old idea, both are already handled.
Matt provided feedback on: