Known Direct Subclasses
ResourceBundle is an abstract class which is the superclass of classes which
Locale-specific resources. A bundle contains a number of named
resources, where the names are
Strings. A bundle may have a parent bundle,
and when a resource is not found in a bundle, the parent bundle is searched for
the resource. If the fallback mechanism reaches the base bundle and still
can't find the resource it throws a
- All bundles for the same group of resources share a common base bundle. This base bundle acts as the root and is the last fallback in case none of its children was able to respond to a request.
- The first level contains changes between different languages. Only the
differences between a language and the language of the base bundle need to be
handled by a language-specific
- The second level contains changes between different countries that use
the same language. Only the differences between a country and the country of
the language bundle need to be handled by a country-specific
- The third level contains changes that don't have a geographic reason
(e.g. changes that where made at some point in time like
PREEUROwhere the currency of come countries changed. The country bundle would return the current currency (Euro) and the
PREEUROvariant bundle would return the old currency (e.g. DM for Germany).
- BaseName (base bundle)
- BaseName_de (german language bundle)
- BaseName_fr (french language bundle)
- BaseName_de_DE (bundle with Germany specific resources in german)
- BaseName_de_CH (bundle with Switzerland specific resources in german)
- BaseName_fr_CH (bundle with Switzerland specific resources in french)
- BaseName_de_DE_PREEURO (bundle with Germany specific resources in german of the time before the Euro)
- BaseName_fr_FR_PREEURO (bundle with France specific resources in french of the time before the Euro)
Nested Class Summary
|class||ResourceBundle.Control||ResourceBundle.Control is a static utility class defines ResourceBundle load access methods, its default access order is as the same as before.|
|protected ResourceBundle||parent||The parent of this
Public Constructor Summary
Constructs a new instance of this class.
Public Method Summary
Returns the names of the resources contained in this
Protected Method Summary
Inherited Method Summary
Creates and returns a copy of this
Invoked when the garbage collector has detected that this instance is no longer reachable.
Returns an integer hash code for this object.
Causes a thread which is waiting on this object's monitor (by means of calling one of the
Causes all threads which are waiting on this object's monitor (by means of calling one of the
Returns a string containing a concise, human-readable description of this object.
wait(long timeout, int nanos)
Causes the calling thread to wait until another thread calls the