Periodically, you will upgrade from an older major version of Google Ads API to a newer major version. It could be because a version is sunsetting, or it could be because you want to use a new feature. We recommend that you upgrade to the newest version when going through the migration process.
Here's a checklist to help you get started with the process of upgrading:
- Your endpoint will change when you change major versions. Update your client libraries to use the newest endpoint.
- Go through the release notes to see changes that were introduced in each release.
- Check out the tables below for specific areas to focus on for the version you're upgrading to.
Migrating from v7 to v8
|Changes to Services and their Components|
||The following additional requirements were added for both click and call
||A call conversion upload where the conversion source did not comply with the
App Tracking Transparency (ATT) policy or the person who converted didn't
consent to tracking will fail with a
Migrating from v6 to v7
The breaking changes in v7 are limited to updates to error messages in various circumstances, when we have published a more specific error reason in the new version. Make sure that your error-handling code is robust enough to handle unexpected error types.
The main areas where new error types apply are:
- The new
ResourceLimitType, which will provide specific details about which resource limits you're exceeding (such as too many campaigns per account).
- More specific error message when trying to upload an image asset with invalid
- More specific error message when trying to upload assets that are found to be
- Internal errors when making
ListOperationRequestoperations to fetch long running operations now return a valid error.