The AdWords API allows apps to interact directly with the AdWords platform, vastly increasing the efficiency of managing large or complex AdWords accounts and campaigns. Some typical use cases include:
- Automated account management
- Custom reporting
- Ad management based on inventory
- Bid management based on business data
With the AdWords API you can build software that manages accounts from the customer level down to the keyword level. The API can do almost everything the AdWords UI does, but programmatically.
Types of companies that have benefited from the AdWords API include:
- Ad agencies
- Search Engine Marketing (SEM) companies
- Big brands managing a large number of accounts, with needs beyond what's possible within the AdWords UI.
Is the AdWords API right for you?
The AdWords API is very powerful, but it's a serious commitment. Several versions are released, deprecated, and sunset each year. Make sure you have the engineering resources to deal with this, and that you have a business need that's not met by other AdWords tools. Here are some general guidelines:
|Tool:||AdWords API||AdWords scripts||AdWords Editor||
|Few or occasional
Bulk editing tools
Easy access to
Ability to copy or