You can report on conversions in the Google Ads API by retrieving data about specific conversion actions, or retrieving conversion metrics for other resources; for example, campaigns, ad groups, and ads. This guide explains how you can retrieve that information, and how [Google Ads UI metrics map to Google Ads API metrics.
Retrieve data about specific conversion actions
You can retrieve details about your existing conversion actions using the
For example, the following query retrieves the name, type, and status of all your conversion actions:
Retrieve conversion metrics for other resources
For example, the following query retrieves the
conversions_value metrics for your campaigns, segmented by
Note that some conversion-related fields, such as
and other metrics fields, might not be available in all reports. Take a look at
the respective resource page for a full list of compatible fields.
- My data isn't up-to-date.
- When looking at conversion data, keep in mind that performance data isn't available instantly. Review the Google Ads data freshness guide for information about conversion data freshness.
- My report is empty.
- Rows in reports whose metrics are all zero, such as for new conversion actions, won't be returned.
- I can't access my custom columns through the Google Ads API.
- Custom columns are not supported by the Google Ads API and cannot be retrieved in reports.
Map user interface metrics
When viewing a campaign using the Google Ads user interface, there are a large number of possible columns which correspond to metrics in the Google Ads API. The following table summarizes the mapping of columns in the UI to the equivalent metrics in the API.