Consider these guidelines when using
- For better throughput, fewer larger jobs is preferred over many smaller jobs.
- It is recommended to add no more than 1,000 operations per
AddBatchJobOperationsRequestand use the
sequence_tokento upload the rest of the operations to the same job. Depending on the content of the operations, too many operations in a single
AddBatchJobOperationsRequestcould cause a
REQUEST_TOO_LARGEerror. You can handle this error by reducing the number of operations and retrying the
- When submitting multiple concurrent jobs for the same account, try to reduce
the likelihood of jobs operating on the same objects at the same time, while
maintaining large job sizes. Many unfinished jobs (with status of
RUNNING) that try to mutate the same set of objects can lead to deadlock-like conditions resulting in severe slow-down and even job failures.
- Don't submit multiple operations that mutate the same object in the same job, as the result can be unpredictable.
- For better throughput, order uploaded operations by operation type. For example, if your job contains operations to add campaigns, ad groups, and ad group criteria, order the operations in your upload so that all of the campaign operations are first, followed by all of the ad group operations, and finally all ad group criterion operations.
- Don't poll the job status too frequently or you risk hitting rate limit errors.
- Don't retrieve more than 1,000 results per page. The server could return fewer than that due to load or other factors.
- The results order will be the same as the upload order for batch processing.
- You can set an upper bound for how long a batch job is allowed to run
before being cancelled. When creating a new batch job, set the
metadata.execution_limit_secondsfield to your preferred time limit, in seconds. There is no default time limit if
metadata.execution_limit_secondsis not set.
BatchJobsupports up to one million operations.
- Each account can have up to 100 active or pending jobs at the same time.
- Pending jobs older than 7 days are automatically removed.