This page provides information about changes in RCS Business Messaging.
November 15, 2022
- The use case is now a required field for agent creation that identifies the nature of the RBM conversations and helps businesses comply with business rules.
- Block and report is now more visible to users with the new persistent and dismissable user interface affordance.
November 3, 2022
- RBM developer registration. Google accounts used by RBM developers must now be tied to corporate email addresses and not Gmail accounts.
November 02, 2022
- The Billing Category is now a required field for agent creation that identifies whether the agent supports conversations or discrete messages.
- Carrier Billing event reports documentation has been updated to reference the impact of the agent Billing Category
- RBM Admin Console documentation has been updated to reference the agent Billing Category.
August 26, 2021
agentIdfield identifies the agent a user-generated message or event belongs to. See Receive messages and Events.
May 03, 2021
- Agents can perform bulk capability checks on up to 10,000 phone numbers per
API call with
users.batchGet. See Capability checks.
Bulk Capability Check Script (Sign in to
users.batchGet. to perform bulk capability checks.
April 2, 2020
- RBM agents can now set a fallbackUrl for DialAction, ViewLocationAction, CreateCalendarEventAction, and ShareLocationAction for clients that don't support the native application. See the guide and reference.
- All samples and client libraries updated for fallbackUrl support. See samples.
December 20, 2019
- RBM agents can now upload media file binaries in addition to uploading files by URL. See the guide and reference.
December 2, 2019
- The Bulk Capability Check Script (Sign in to download) demonstrates how to use the RBM SDK to check a large set of devices for RBM capability. To run this script against devices that aren't registered as testers, your agent must be launched.