This page provides information about changes in RCS Business Messaging.
July 03, 2023
- Updated Python First Agent sample to Python 3, removed unused dependencies and upgraded to latest libraries.
June 23, 2023
May 10, 2023
- RBM's new integration with Google Wallet lets you issue boarding passes through a rich conversation in Messages by Google. This means that users of Wallet and Messages can complete the check-in process, receive their boarding pass, and add it to their wallet entirely from Google's Messages app.
- A new use case describes how to seamlessly add a boarding pass to Google Wallet from Google's Messages app. The use case includes a sample conversation with technical steps and design tips for a complete check-in flow.
April 14, 2023
- Empty carrier report files can now be generated upon request.
April 13, 2023
- Added C# code snippet for Pub/Sub pull.
- Kitchen Sink C# sample updated to Visual Studio 2019 and latest library dependencies.
April 11, 2023
- First C# sample updated to Visual Studio 2019 and latest library dependencies.
December 13, 2022
- More information on sending messages to offline users.
- Clarifying when activity events are generated.
- Pub/Sub event information about delivery, read and typing notifications.
- An explanation of the Basic Message length.
- Added version history to carrier Terms of Service.
- Updated carrier console links to match recent console changes.
November 15, 2022
- The use case is now a required field for agent creation that identifies the nature of the RBM conversations and helps businesses comply with business rules.
- Block and report is now more visible to users with the new persistent and dismissable user interface affordance.
November 3, 2022
- RBM developer registration. Google accounts used by RBM developers must now be tied to corporate email addresses and not Gmail accounts.
November 02, 2022
- The Billing Category is now a required field for agent creation that identifies whether the agent supports conversations or discrete messages.
- Carrier Billing event reports documentation has been updated to reference the impact of the agent Billing Category
- RBM Admin Console documentation has been updated to reference the agent Billing Category.
August 26, 2021
agentIdfield identifies the agent a user-generated message or event belongs to. See Receive messages and Events.
May 03, 2021
- Agents can perform bulk capability checks on up to 10,000 phone numbers per
API call with
users.batchGet. See Capability checks.
Bulk Capability Check Script (Sign in to
users.batchGet. to perform bulk capability checks.
April 2, 2020
- RBM agents can now set a fallbackUrl for DialAction, ViewLocationAction, CreateCalendarEventAction, and ShareLocationAction for clients that don't support the native application. See the guide and reference.
- All samples and client libraries updated for fallbackUrl support. See samples.
December 20, 2019
- RBM agents can now upload media file binaries in addition to uploading files by URL. See the guide and reference.
December 2, 2019
- The Bulk Capability Check Script (Sign in to download) demonstrates how to use the RBM SDK to check a large set of devices for RBM capability. To run this script against devices that aren't registered as testers, your agent must be launched.