This page lists the major changes in each release of Google Apps Script. It is intended to help developers identify recent changes in behavior. For older changes, see the release notes for 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, or 2010.
April 11, 2016
- Support for
PATCHrequests has been added to
March 25, 2016
- Deprecated the
in the DashboardPanel class
because it takes a
UiApp.Widgetargument, and UiApp was deprecated in 2014.
February 29, 2016
Announcing the following recent changes:
The Spreadsheet API adds a new NamedRange type and the following related methods:
- NamedRange.getName() gets the name of the named range
- NamedRange.setName(name) sets the name of the named range
- NamedRange.getRange() gets the underlying range associated with the named range
- NamedRange.setRange(range) sets the underlying range associated with the named range
- NamedRange.remove() deletes the named range
- Spreadsheet.getNamedRanges() gets an array of all the named ranges in the spreadsheet
- Sheet.getNamedRanges() gets an array of all the named ranges in the sheet
- Protection.setNamedRange(range) associates an existing protected range with an existing named range
The Utilities API includes a new getUuid() method that generates a unique identifier.