What can Apps Script do?
Apps Script is versatile. Among other things, you can:
- Add custom menus, dialogs, and sidebars to Google Docs, Sheets, and Forms.
- Write custom functions and macros for Google Sheets.
- Publish web apps — either standalone or embedded in Google Sites.
- Interact with other Google services, including AdSense, Analytics, Calendar, Drive, Gmail, and Maps.
- Build add-ons and publish them to the Google Workspace Marketplace.
Try a quickstart
Try one of the following quickstarts to get an Apps Script project up and running in less than 5 minutes.
- Automation quickstart: Build and run a simple automation that creates a Google Doc and emails you a link to it.
- Custom function quickstart: Create a custom function that calculates the sale price of discounted items.
- Google Chat bot quickstart: Create a simple Chat bot that can be directly messaged and responds by echoing your messages.