Here’s an example of what a list looks like when all required and optional fields are completed.
This visual component currently supports customization.
Also called body or formatted text.
Number of items
- Maximum: 10
- Minimum: 2
All items in a carousel must include the same fields—e.g., if one item includes an image, then all items in the carousel must include images.
- Swipe: Slide the carousel to reveal different cards.
- Tap: When users tap an item, the item’s title is accepted as the user input, starting the next turn in the dialog.
- Voice/Keyboard: Replying with the card title is the same as selecting that item.
Lists are mostly used for browsing and selecting among titles. Though you can have as few as 2 and as many as 30 list items, we recommend that you use between 2 and 10.
Use lists to help the user select from content that:
- can be most meaningfully browsed via scanning short titles or descriptions (e.g., song titles, contact names, event names, session topics)
- the user may have to scan and compare while browsing (e.g. stock prices)
Use titles that are unique and conversation friendly.
Keep descriptions concise by only including helpful, relevant information.
If your list only has 2 items, consider whether a simple either/or question is sufficient to help the user make their decision.
Avoid lists of 1 item.