The Google Smart Home platform lets users control your commercially available connected devices through the Google Home app and Google Assistant, which is available on more than 1 billion devices, like smart speakers, phones, cars, TVs, headphones, watches, and more.
The benefits to you include deepening user engagement, driving sales of your devices and growing your brand value.
- Deepen user engagement: Reach users across 1 billion Assistant devices, improve discoverability, and remove friction from set-up.
- Drive sales: Become discoverable on Shopping on Search, increase eligibility to be featured across retail, installer channels.
- Grow brand value: Be at the center of the helpful home. Enable users to know your brand due to reliability and rich features.
How to build
To connect your device with Google Assistant, you need to build a smart home Action. Assistant handles how users trigger your Action (in multiple languages) and provides you with useful metadata through Home Graph (such as the state of a specific device based on the user’s room); all you need to do is respond to the requests through your fulfillment service.
Check out these resources to start building now:
- Create a smart home Action - Get a quick introduction on how to set up your environment and start developing your smart home integrations.
- Codelabs - Codelabs offer detailed and in-depth walkthroughs on how to build smart home Actions for Google Assistant.
- Samples - Download the smart home samples on GitHub to start experimenting now.