This page lists the major changes in each release of Google Apps Script in 2010. It is intended to help developers identify changes in behavior. For more recent changes, see the current year's release notes.
October 21, 2010
- Added integration with Google Sites, so that Apps Scripts can now be run from within Google Sites. Read more here.
October 16, 2010
- Added ability for users to create new recurring calendar events through CalendarApp.newRecurrence() and Calendar.createEventSeries().
- Added ability to access existing event series through CalendarEvent.getEventSeries().
- Added ability for users to modify or delete an entire event series through CalendarEventSeries.
September 17, 2010
- Added new methods to CalendarEvent to get the creation date and the date the event was last updated: getDateCreated() and getLastUpdated().
- Added a new method to Contact to get the date a contact was last updated: getLastUpdated().
- Fixed two issues with Calendar.getEvents(). GetEvents previously returned only the first instance of a recurring event in a given time range. Now it returns all instances of the recurring event in the given time range. Additionally, editing the instance of the recurring event previously would edit the entire series. Now, editing an instance of a recurring event edits ony the particular instance.
- Fixed an issue where the unpublished version of onInstall was being run for scripts in the Script Gallery.
- Fixed an issue where users could not type '(' in the script editor when the autocomplete popup was visible.
- Fixed an issue where getActiveSheet was not working when called from onEdit events.
- Fixed an issue with UiApp where the UI panels were not displayed properly and an "Error encountered: An unexpected error occurred" error message was displayed.
August 16, 2010
- Added Spreadsheet.show() to the script editor autocomplete and the documentation.
- Clarified the use of Session.getUser() and added two new methods: Session.getActiveUser() and Session.getEffectiveUser().
- Added support for persistent storage in scripts via UserProperties and ScriptProperties. Script Properties and User Properties are also available from File > Properties in the script editor.
- Added several new methods to the Contact class: Contact.getGivenName(), Contact.setGivenName(), Contact.getMiddleName(),Contact.setMiddleName(), Contact.getFamilyName(), Contact.setFamilyName(), Contact.getMaidenName(), Contact.setMaidenName(),Contact.getNickname(), Contact.setNickname().
- Major improvements to the Sites service, fixing many issues and adding new functionality.
- Added support for find and replace in the script editor.
- UiApp is now available to all users. Previously, it was only available to Google Apps Premier domains.
- The timezone for a script can now be set from File > Properties in the script editor.
- The user interface for time-based triggers has been updated to make it more clear that the events are triggered between N and N+1 hours.
- The script timezone is now visible in the script triggers dialog.
- Revision history for scripts is now available from File > See revision history in the script editor.
- Added two new methods to the Utilities class provide JSON support: Utilities.jsonParse() and Utilities.jsonStringify().
- Added support for outbound OAuth requests. See UrlFetchApp.addOAuthService().
- Added a new method to class Spreadsheet to get the form URL: Spreadsheet.getFormUrl().
- Added a new Blob class to simplify moving data between different Google Apps Script services.
August 1, 2010
- Fixed an issue with the Sheet.getFrozenRows, where an error was returned in some cases.
- Added two new methods to the Sheet class for getting frozen rows and columns: Sheet.getFrozenRows() and Sheet.getFrozenColumns().
- Added sorting methods: Sheet.sort() and Range.sort().
- Added methods to get row height and column width in a Sheet: Sheet.getRowHeight() and Sheet.getColumnWidth().
July 12, 2010
- Line numbers in error messages are now denoted with (line nnn), rather than (# nnn), where nnn is the line number.
- Fixed an issue with the Contacts service, where a 'Mismatch: etags' error was thrown when a contact was modified more than once.
- Added two new methods to the Soap service for setting and getting the SOAP endpoint: WsdlService.getEndpointOverride() andWsdlService.setEndpointOverride().
- Added a method to check if there is remaining quota for sending emails for the current day: MailApp.getRemainingDailyQuota().
- Fixed an issue where a popup dialog with the text "Error encountered: An unexpected error occurred" was displayed when the change handler for a ListBox was called, but no app was returned by the change handler.
- Fixed an issue where ListBox.addItem wasn't working after calling getElementById.
- Improved error messages on JDBC connection failures.
- Fixed an issue with Utilities.formatDate, where it was previously always formatting the date into GMT.