To successfully create your first client application, you must complete the following prerequisites:
- Get a Google Account.
- Try out Google My Business.
- Create a project in the Google API Console.
- Request access to the API.
Get a Google Account
You need a Google Account in order to create a project in the Google API Console. If you already have an account, you're all set.
Try out Google My Business
This API documentation assumes that you've used Google My Business, and that you're familiar with web programming concepts and web data formats.
If you haven't used Google My Business, try out the user interface before starting to code.
Create a project in the Google API Console
Before you can send requests to the Google My Business API, you need to use the Google API Console to create a project, and activate the Google My Business API. To create a new project, do the following:
Go to the Google API Console. Click Create project, enter a name, and click Create.
Request access to the API
You must complete the following steps to enable your project and access the API.
- Go to the Google API Console and select the project you created for use with Google My Business to find the Project ID.
To determine your project ID, do the following:
- Go to the Google API Console.
- Find your project in the table on the list-of-projects page.
- The project ID appears in the Project ID column.
- Complete and submit the access request form.
- A follow-up email is sent to you after your request has been reviewed.
- After approval, see Basic setup to enable the Google My Business API for your project.