The articles are listed per API.
- Visualizing data: Mapping earthquakes with the Google Maps API
- This Google Developer Academy tutorial shows you how to import data, display that data on a map using simple markers and use symbols and heatmaps to improve the appearance and legibility of your map.
- Visualizing data: Combining two data sources on a map
- This article explains how to take two data sources, one GeoJSON and one pure JSON, and combine them in a basic map visualisation using the data layer.
- Describes the basic techniques for geolocation in web applications.
- Too Many Markers!
- Presents various techniques that can be used to display a large number of locations or markers.
- Election Ratings and Spatial Data with Fusion Tables
- Describes how to store, display, and query complex and changing spatial data with Fusion Tables, AppEngine, and Maps.
- Fun with MVC Objects
- Using PHP/MySQL with Google Maps
- Shows how to use PHP/MySQL and the Google Maps API v3 to create a map that polls data from a database and shows as markers.
- Creating a Store Locator with PHP & MySQL
- Shows how to create a store locator where users can search for nearest stores to a geocoded location, and see results as markers on a mobile-optimized map, using PHP/MySQL for the backend.
- From Info Windows to a Database: Saving User-Added Form Data
- Shows how to prompt users to fill out information in an infowindow, and then save that information back into a database.
- Geocoding Strategies
- An overview of different strategies you can use for making sure you stay within the Google Maps API geocoding limits. This is a good article to read if you find you are frequently running into the quota limits of the Maps API Geocoders.
Google Maps WebServices
- Geocoding v3 migration guide
- Walks you through the process of migrating your Geocoding API V2 application to use the Geocoding API V3 API.
Google Places API
- Implementing a Basic Place Search
- This course walks you through performing a simple query, and parsing the results.
- Using Additional Place Search Features
- Learn how to use location biasing and keyword suggestions to improve your Places Search queries.
- Using Place Autocomplete to Make Search Easier
- Learn how to use the Place Autocomplete service to provide a real-time, predictive search service for geographic data.
- Adding Place Autocomplete to your Android App
- This course walks you through the process of adding the Place Autocomplete service to your Android app.
Articles from Other Sites
The following articles are hosted on external websites, and were not written by Google's Developer Relations team.
- Google Maps API v3: Developing for Mobile Devices
- Developing a map for mobile devices presents unique challenges. Not only must your user interface work on a small screen and be optimized for touch, but your map needs to load fast.
- Google Maps and the Mobile/Social/Local Internet
- Highlighting the emerging trend of mobile applications with local content and social interaction, this article demonstrates how the Google Maps API family, the default choice of mapping technologies for almost all leading applications, can help you develop your next killer applications in mobile/social/local space.