The articles are listed per API.
- Visualizing data: Mapping earthquakes with the Google Maps API
- This Google Developer Academy tutorial shows you how to import data, display that data on a map using simple markers and use symbols and heatmaps to improve the appearance and legibility of your map.
- Visualizing data: Combining two data sources on a map
- This article explains how to take two data sources, one GeoJSON and one pure JSON, and combine them in a basic map visualisation using the data layer.
- Describes the basic techniques for geolocation in web applications.
- Too Many Markers!
- Presents various techniques that can be used to display a large number of locations or markers.
- Election Ratings and Spatial Data with Fusion Tables
- Describes how to store, display, and query complex and changing spatial data with Fusion Tables, AppEngine, and Maps.
- Fun with MVC Objects
- Using PHP/MySQL with Google Maps
- Shows how to use PHP/MySQL and the Google Maps API v3 to create a map that polls data from a database and shows as markers.
- Creating a Store Locator with PHP & MySQL
- Shows how to create a store locator where users can search for nearest stores to a geocoded location, and see results as markers on a mobile-optimized map, using PHP/MySQL for the backend.
- From Info Windows to a Database: Saving User-Added Form Data
- Shows how to prompt users to fill out information in an infowindow, and then save that information back into a database.
- Geocoding Strategies
- An overview of different strategies you can use for making sure you stay within the Google Maps API geocoding limits. This is a good article to read if you find you are frequently running into the quota limits of the Maps API Geocoders.
Google Maps WebServices
- Geocoding v3 migration guide
- Walks you through the process of migrating your Geocoding API V2 application to use the Geocoding API V3 API.
Google Places API
- Implementing a Basic Place Search
- This course walks you through performing a simple query, and parsing the results.
- Using Additional Place Search Features
- Learn how to use location biasing and keyword suggestions to improve your Places Search queries.
- Using Place Autocomplete to Make Search Easier
- Learn how to use the Place Autocomplete service to provide a real-time, predictive search service for geographic data.
- Adding Place Autocomplete to your Android App
- This course walks you through the process of adding the Place Autocomplete service to your Android app.