You're all set!
Billing has been enabled for your selected project.
To enable billing, we'll guide you through the Google Cloud Platform Console to complete a few tasks:
- Create or choose a project
- Set up or choose your billing profile
- Enable billing on your project
The Local Context Library uses a pay-as-you-go pricing model.
How usage and billing work under the pay-as-you-go model
- The Google Maps Platform APIs are billed by SKU.
- Usage is tracked for each Product SKU, and an API may have more than one Product SKU.
- Cost is calculated by: SKU Usage x Price per each use.
- For each billing account, for qualifying Google Maps Platform SKUs, a $200 USD Google Maps Platform credit is available each month, and automatically applied to the qualifying SKUs.
Pricing for the Local Context Library
Under the pay-as-you-go pricing model, Local Context loads and Dynamic Map loads are charged separately. (See Pricing for Maps, Routes, and Places: Dynamic Maps and Dynamic Street View.) When Local Context is first loaded, you incur ONE Local Context charge and ONE Dynamic Map charge. The Local Context load includes all components and data required for complete functioning, such as Points of Interest (POI) data and routing information. Loading a new Local Context layer with different settings requires reloading the map. This reload will trigger charges for one new Local Context load and one new Dynamic Map load.
|Local Context JS Events and Charges|
|User opens a map using Local Context||1 Local Context and 1 Dynamic Map charge (2 charges total)|
|User views details about any Local Context POI||No additional charge|
|User gets directions through Local Context||No additional charge|
|Customer wants to reload the Local Context layer with different parameters such a different viewport, different place types, or more places||Requires a map reload;
1 Local Context and 1 Dynamic Map charge (2 charges total)
SKU: Local Context Maps
A web page or application that displays a map using the
Local Context Library. A
Local Context map is created with the
google.maps.localContext.LocalContextMapView() class. The Local Context Map SKU only covers
the Local Context layer itself. The Dynamic Map loaded with the Local Context layer is billed separately.
Note: this pricing applies only during the Local Context BETA program.
|MONTHLY VOLUME RANGE
(Price per LOCAL CONTEXT LOAD)
|0.00 USD per each||0.00 USD per each||Contact Sales for volume pricing|
SKU: Dynamic Maps
|MONTHLY VOLUME RANGE
(Price per MAP LOAD)
|0.007 USD per each
(7.00 USD per 1000)
|0.0056 USD per each
(5.60 USD per 1000)
|Contact Sales for volume pricing|
User interactions with the map, such as panning, zooming, or switching map layers, do not generate additional map loads.
Other usage limits
- Rate limit is 100 requests per second (QPS). It is calculated as the sum of client-side and server-side requests for all applications using the credentials of the same project.
For complete details on allowed usage, consult the License Restrictions section in the Google Maps Platform Terms of Service.
Manage your cost of use
To manage your cost of use of the Google Maps Platform APIs, you can set daily quota limits on all requests to any billable API.
- Go to the Google Cloud Platform Console.
- Click the project drop-down and select a project.
- Open the Quotas page.
- Click the APIs drop-down and select the Places API.
- To view the quota limits, scroll down to the Advanced maps loads card.
A table lists the quota names and limits.
- To change a quota limit, click the Edit icon for that limit.
In the dialog that appears, in the Quota Limit field, enter the preferred billable daily quota limit (up to the quota limit, if any, specified by Google) and click Save.
If your API usage reaches your billable quota limit on any given day, your application will not be able to access the API for the remainder of that day.
Premium Plan customers
For more information, see Premium Plan Usage Rates and Limits.