Blockly welcomes your contributions. Want to add a new feature? Want to fix a bug that's annoying you? Want to add hooks needed for your own application? Want to improve our unit test coverage?
A pull request on GitHub is the preferred way to handle contributions.
- All pull requests must be made against the develop branch.
- You must fill out the pull request template with relevant details.
- Any new code files must be prefixed with the Apache License, Version 2.0. We won't mix licenses.
- User-visible strings must be in the
/msgdirectory so they may be translated. Less than 6% of the world speaks English natively.
- Text on blocks should generally be all lowercase (just like the keywords in most programming languages).
- Maintain backwards compatability. There are a lot of Blockly apps out there, don't break everyone else.
- Spell "colour" correctly.
Help us focus our development efforts by telling us what you are doing with Blockly. The questionnaire only takes a few minutes and will help us better support the Blockly community.
Or join our newsgroup for developers and say hello. Show us your prototypes early; collectively we have a lot of experience and can offer hints which will save you time. Plus, we always love to hear about new projects and use cases for Blockly!