DataLife Engine (DLE) is multifunctional website software. Datalife Engine automatically determines if a user comes to your site from a mobile device and then provides a special lightweight version.
Before you begin
We recommend backing up your site before making any changes or updates. That way you’ll have a copy of it to restore if necessary.
To perform a backup go to Admin Center > Other Sections > Database Setup and save your database. Now a copy of your database will be located in the /backup/ folder.
1. What DLE version and theme am I using?
1.1. How can I check it?
Courtesy of 4p.by Marketing:
If you have admin access, the header contains an image with the DLE website software version.
Note: this might differ for older and newer DLE versions.
- If you don’t have admin access, but have FTP access, this image is stored at /engine/skins/images/logos.jpg
- $dle_version variable in the upgrade/index.php file. You need access to the site’s source files for that.
- In the /engine/data/config.php file check the “version_id” property.
- /admin.php - at the bottom of the page you may find an automatic system check. Might not work or be disabled in some versions.
- http://yoursite.com/engine/ajax/updates.php. May be disabled in some versions.
1.2 Take the Mobile-Friendly Test
Test your URL in the Mobile-Friendly Test tool now. If you get a “mobile-friendly” score, you’re done!
If the score isn’t mobile-friendly, consider changing theme and/or customizing the current one. We have compiled the following documentation to guide you through the process.
2. How can I make my DLE installation mobile-friendly?
2.1 I want to convert my entire site to a new, mobile-friendly theme or customize my current DLE installation.
- To enable mobile support:
- In the Administration Panel, include the item “Enable automatic support for smartphones”
- In Script Settings, you can enable/disable serving images with news
- You can access the smartphone version of your site by using the link http://yoursite.com/index.php?action=mobile (just replace “yoursite” with your domain)
- Your templates folder /templates/ should contain a folder with the “smartphone” template. This template is used to display the site to users on mobile phones.
You may want to choose one of the mobile-friendly templates presented at http://newtemplates.ru/mobil/ or http://www.dletemplates.com/website-templates-design-main/
3. Is my DLE site mobile-friendly now?
We hope your site is now mobile-friendly and ready to be served to your mobile audience. We invite you to use the Mobile-Friendly Test tool now.
If the test results are not satisfactory or you have further questions, DLE offers great support and tips section. We also welcome you on our international webmaster forums for additional guidance and support.