Get started with Season of Docs
Read the introduction for an overview of the program and how it works.
Open source organizations
Apply to be a mentor organization and help bring experienced, excited technical writers to your open source community!
2019 Season of Docs organization applications are now closed. Join the announcement mailing list at season-of-docs-announce to stay informed.
Bring your technical writing expertise to an open source project by working with the community on the documentation!
2019 Season of Docs technical writer applications are now closed.
Mentor organizations must:
- Run an active open source or free software project.
- Have produced and released software under an OSI approved license.
- Not be based in a country currently embargoed by the United States. (See the Sanctions Programs and Country Information from the US Treasury.)
Technical writer eligibility
Technical writers must be:
- At least 18 years old at time of registration.
- Able to demonstrate prior technical writing experience by submitting role descriptions and work samples.
- Eligible to work in their country of residence during duration of program.
- A resident of a country not currently embargoed by the United States. (See the Sanctions Programs and Country Information from the US Treasury.)