Get started with Season of Docs
Read the introduction for an overview of the program and how it works.
Open source organizations
Apply to have your documentation project funded! Work with professional technical writers and help advance understanding of best practices in open source documenation!
Organization applications for the 2021 Season of Docs have closed. Join the announcement mailing list at season-of-docs-announce to stay informed.
Bring your technical writing expertise to an open source project by working with the community on the documentation!
Open source organizations must:
- Run an active open source or free software project.
- Have produced and released software under an OSI approved license.
- Not be based in a country currently embargoed by the United States. (See the Sanctions Programs and Country Information from the US Treasury.)
Technical writer eligibility
Technical writers must be:
- Able to demonstrate prior technical writing experience by submitting role descriptions and work samples.
- Eligible to work in their country of residence during duration of program.
- A resident of a country not currently embargoed by the United States. (See the Sanctions Programs and Country Information from the US Treasury.)
Note: the 2021 Season of Docs does not have a formal technical writer application. To participate in the 2021 Season of Docs as a technical writer, contact open source organizations directly, using the instructions on their Season of Docs program page.