Quickstart: learn the basics of Google Search
If you have a website on an automated web hosting platform like Blogger, Wix, or Squarespace, or run a small business and don't have much time to put into your website, it's worth learning the basics of managing your presence in search engines. A little knowledge can go a long way toward helping people find your site.
- How does Google Search work? - Read this guide to understand how Google Search works.
- Get your website on Google - See the different ways to get your business or identity on various Google products, including Maps, Search, and YouTube.
- Optimize your site for search engines - Read this six-point guide about making your content more findable and useful to readers.
- Measuring your performance on Google - How many people found your site on Google? What is your ranking in search results? What were people searching for when they found your site? Learn how to answer these questions.
- If you think your site needs more help than you can provide, you might consider hiring a professional search engine consultant.
- You can watch the video series for beginners after you've read these documents.