For quick removals, use the Remove URLs tool to remove a page hosted on your site from Google's search results within a day.
Make your removal permanent
Requests made in the Remove URLs tool last for about 6 months. To permanently block a page from Google Search results, take one of the following actions:
- Remove or update the content on your page. This is the most secure way to prevent
your information from appearing in other search engines that might not respect the
noindextag. It also ensures that other people can't access your page.
- Password-protect your page. Limiting access to your page enables the right users to view your page, while preventing Googlebot and other web crawlers from accessing it.
- Add a
noindextag to your page. A noindex tag only blocks your page from showing up in Google search results. Users and other search engines that don't support
noindexcan still access your page.
Remove an image from search results
Remove information from other Google properties
To remove content from other Google properties, search the help documentation for your product to learn how to remove it. For example:
- Google Shopping and some other properties: Opt out of search results for specific Google properties here.
- Business information: Edit business information that you added in Google My Business.
- Google knowledge panel: Update your Google knowledge panel.
How do I remove content from a site that I don't own?
See the help article on how to Remove your personal information from Google.