This reference provides API documentation for two types of applications:
- A sender application that manages the user interaction with the content.
- A receiver application that runs the Google Cast receiver device connected to the display.
See the following overviews for more information about developing with these APIs:
- Android Sender Apps
- Chrome Sender Apps
- iOS Sender Apps
- Receiver Apps
- Game Manager API
- Remote Display Plugin for Unity Game Engine
- Remote Display
- Autoplay & Queueing
Sender application APIs
For sender applications, Google Cast supports development for the Android, iOS, and Chrome platforms with the following documentation.
- Google Cast Android API Reference
- Google Cast iOS API Reference
- Google Cast Chrome App API Reference
Receiver application APIs
The receiver application is a Chrome application running on the receiver device; use the API to create a custom receiver application. The Media Player Library provides your application with a media player. The APIs are documented here:
See API Libraries to source the SDKs.