Want to see Apps Script in action?
The Google Workspace Developers channel offers videos about tips, tricks, and the latest features.
What can Apps Script do?
Apps Script is versatile. Among other things, you can:
- Add custom menus, dialogs, and sidebars to Google Docs, Sheets, and Forms.
- Write custom functions and macros for Google Sheets.
- Publish web apps — either standalone or embedded in Google Sites.
- Interact with other Google services, including AdSense, Analytics, Calendar, Drive, Gmail, and Maps.
- Build add-ons and publish them to the Google Workspace Marketplace.
Try a quickstart
Try one of the following quickstarts to get an Apps Script project up and running in less than 5 minutes.
- Automation quickstart: Build and run a simple automation that creates a Google Doc and emails you a link to it.
- Custom function quickstart: Create a custom function that calculates the sale price of discounted items.
- Google Chat bot quickstart: Create a simple Chat bot that can be directly messaged and responds by echoing your messages.