A Frequently Asked Question (FAQ) page contains a list of questions and answers pertaining to a particular topic. Properly marked up FAQ pages may be eligible to have a rich result on Search and Markup Action for the Google Assistant, which can help your site reach the right users. Here's an example of an FAQ rich result:
FAQ rich results are available in all countries and languages where Google Search is available. The feature is available on desktop and mobile devices.
Here's an example of
FAQPage in JSON-LD:
Here's an example of
FAQPage in Microdata:
For your FAQ page to be eligible for FAQ rich results, you must follow these guidelines:
- Only use
FAQPageif your page has a list of questions with answers. If your page has a single question and users can submit alternative answers, use
QAPageinstead. Here are some examples:
Valid use cases:
- An FAQ page written by the site itself, with no way for users to submit alternative answers
- A product support page that lists FAQs, with no way for users to submit alternative answers
Invalid use cases:
- A forum page where users can submit answers to a single question
- A product support page where users can submit answers to a single question
- A product page where users can submit multiple questions and answers on a single page
- Don’t use
FAQPagefor advertising purposes.
- Make sure each
Questionincludes the entire text of the question and make sure each
Answerincludes the entire text of the answer. The entire question text and answer text may be displayed.
- Question and answer content may not be displayed as a rich result if it contains any of the following types of content: obscene, profane, sexually explicit, graphically violent, promotion of dangerous or illegal activities, or hateful or harassing language.
FAQcontent must be visible to the user on the source page.
Structured data type definitions
You must include the required properties for your content to be eligible for display as a rich result. You can also include the recommended properties to add more information to your structured data, which could provide a better user experience.
To validate and preview your structured data, use Google’s Rich Result Test.
The full definition of FAQPage is provided on schema.org.
FAQPage type indicates that the page is an FAQ with answered questions. There
must be one
FAQPage type definition per page.
An array of
The full definition of Question is provided on schema.org.
Question type defines a single answered question within the FAQ. Every
Question instance must be contained within the
mainEntity property array
The answer to the question. There must be one answer per question.
The full text of the question. For example, "How long does it take to process a refund?".
The full definition of Answer is provided on schema.org.
Answer type defines the
acceptedAnswer to each of the
Question on this page.
The full answer to the question. The answer may contain HTML content such as links and
lists. Valid HTML tags include: