Publishers have several ways to activate Protected Audience and Topics, depending on how their ad tech vendors are integrating the technologies.
The following are some of the integration types that are available. Publishers should verify which implementation types their ad tech partners support.
Enable Protected Audience
- If you run your own ad stack, you can implement the APIs directly. The Protected Audience API documentation explains how.
- If you work with an ad server that can enable the Protected Audience API on your behalf, refer to their documentation.
- Prebid: If you work with SSPs using Prebid, see the overview of sequential auction setups. For implementation, you can reference the Prebid documentation. You should check with your SSPs for their specific guidance on integrating through Prebid. Guidance may include a minimum Prebid version and installation of a module.
- More header bidders may integrate with Protected Audience in the future. Check the documentation of the header bidding library you use for implementation.
Ad Server or SSP
Prebid: If you work with SSPs using Prebid, there are a couple of options for how you can enable Topics. You should check with your SSPs for their specific guidance on integrating through Prebid.
- Using Prebid.js Core: Prebid has released a feature in the Prebid 8.9.0+ that enables Topics to be accessed and included in outgoing bid requests.
- Using Topics module: SSPs that participate in Prebid can also reference the Prebid documentation to learn how to receive Topics using the topicsFpdModule.
More header bidders may integrate with Topics in the future. Check the documentation of the header bidding library you use for implementation.