A hovercard in Google Issue Tracker allows you to view summary information for an item without leaving the page you are currently viewing. Issues, components, hotlists and bookmark groups have hovercards.
An issue hovercard contains information such as the title, ID, description and current status of an issue. Additionally, it contains a CC Me button that adds you to the issue's CC list (if you are already on the CC list, the button reads (Un-CC Me). For example:
Issue hovercards appear when you hover over the following:
- Issue ID found in the Blocked By, Blocking, or Duplicates tab of the Related Issues tray.
- Issue ID in the Blocked By, Blocking, or Duplicate Of column of an issue search results page.
- Link to an issue found in the Recent Issues panel, located on the right of a Create Issue page.
- Status field on a issue page that is marked as duplicate.
- Link to the canonical issue found in the yellow bar at the top of a page that is marked as duplicate.
A component hovercard contains the component name, ID, and description. It also contains three links:
- View Recent Issues link that searches for open issues assigned to the component and orders the results by date of creation;
- Create an Issue in This Component link that takes you to a Create Issue page with the component and template pre-selected
View component link that takes you to the Component Manager page for the component. For example:
Component hovercards appear when hovering over the following:
- A component within the component hierarchy, as listed below the issue title on an issue details page.
- Components in the Component Hierarchy or Child Components section of the Basic Information tab of a component details page.
- Components listed in the Custom Fields tab of a component details page.
Hotlists and bookmark group hovercards
A hotlist or bookmark group hovercard contains the name, ID, owner and description for the hotlist or bookmark group. For example:
Hotlist and bookmark group hovercards appear when you hover over the following:
- Name of the hotlist or bookmark group when performing a search for a hotlist or bookmark group.
- Blue hotlist box found next to the issue title on an issue page.
- Blue hotlist box found next to the issue title on a search results page if the Title column has Show Hotlists toggled to On.
- The name of a hotlist that appears in the Selected Items or Add By Query fields of a Bookmark Group settings page.