What is the Gmail API?
The Gmail API gives you flexible, RESTful access to the user's inbox, with a
natural interface to
From the modern language of your choice, your app can use the API to add
Gmail features like:
- Read messages from Gmail
- Send email messages
- Modify the labels applied to messages and threads
- Search for specific messages and threads
Typical use cases
The Gmail API can be used in a variety of different applications, including, typically:
- Read-only mail extraction, indexing, and backup
- Label management (add/remove labels)
- Automated or programmatic message sending
- Migrating email accounts from other providers
How do I find out more?
Use this documentation to start building a Gmail app today:
- The client libraries are available for download in several languages and simplify making API requests.
- The quickstart is available in a variety of programming languages, to let you get something working right away.
- The developer guide topics help you better understand how to implement particular use cases.
- The API reference gives you details on every resource and method in the Gmail API.