Campaign priority is used to determine the preferred bid for the same product across multiple Shopping campaigns for the same country. Campaign priorities won't affect your search relevance or influence the likelihood of your product to show on Google Shopping, instead they give you more control over which products and bids are most important. For more detail on using priorities see the Shopping Best Practices guide.
The following steps summarize how to set the campaign priority via the Adwords UI. For more details see Use campaign priority for Shopping campaigns.
- Make sure you've already created the Shopping campaign.
- Sign into your Adwords account.
- Understand which AdWords experience you are using and follow the appropriate steps.
- Click the Settings tab for the campaign you want to edit.
- Select the Campaign priority you want. Either Low, Medium or High.
- Click Save.
The following steps summarize how to set campaign priority programmatically via the Adwords API:
- Make sure you've successfully created a campaign and have a campaign id.
- Create a CampaignOperation object as follows:
- Execute the mutate method of the CampaignService passing in the list of CampaignOperation objects.