This guide is intended for publishers who want to use the Google Mobile Ads SDK to load and display ads from maio via mediation. It covers how to add maio to an ad unit's mediation configuration, and how to integrate the maio SDK and adapter into an iOS app.
The dashboard interface for maio uses Japanese text for its labels, buttons, and descriptions, and the screenshots in this guide have not been translated. In this guide's descriptions and instructions however, labels and buttons are referenced with their English language equivalents. "URL スキーム," for example, is "URL Scheme," and so on.
Supported formats and features
The Ad Manager mediation adapter for maio has the following capabilities:
|Rewarded Video (new APIs)|
|Native Ads - Custom Rendering|
|Automatic Data Collection|
- Xcode 9.2 or higher
- iOS Deployment target of 8.0 or higher
- Google Mobile Ads SDK 7.42.2 or higher
Step 1: Set up maio network
Select the tab corresponding to your preferred Ad Type.
Enter the Name of your app, set the platform as iOS and provide your App URL. Select Video interstitial as the Ad Type, and then click Update.
Enter the Name of your app, set the platform as iOS and provide your App URL. Select Video Rewards as the Ad Type, and then click Update.
In the Application Management page, make a note of the Media ID. It's needed to set up your Ad Manager ad unit in the next section.
In the Zone Management page, make a note of the Zone ID. It will also be needed to set up your Ad Manager ad unit in the next section.
In addition to Media ID and Zone ID, you will need API ID and API KEY to set up your iOS ad unit ID for mediation.
In Reporting API page, make a note of API ID and API KEY.
Step 2: Configure mediation settings for your Ad Manager ad unit
Sign in to your Ad Manager account. Navigate to Delivery > Yield groups and click the New yield group button.
Enter a unique Name for your yield group, set the Status to Active, select your Ad Format, and set the Inventory type to Mobile App. Under the Targeting > Inventory section, select the Ad Unit ID to which you want to add mediation.
Next, click the Add yield partner button.
If you already have a Yield partner for maio, you can simply select it. Otherwise, select Create a new yield partner.
Select maio as the Ad network and enter a unique Name. Enable Mediation and turn on Automatic data collection, and enter the API ID and API KEY obtained from previous section. You don't need to enter a Username and Password. Click Save when done.
Once the Yield partner is selected, choose Mobile SDK mediation as the Integration type, iOS as the Platform, and Active as the Status. Enter the Media ID and the Zone ID obtained in the previous section and a Default CPM value.
Click Save at the bottom of the page when done.
Using rewarded video ads
In the settings for your rewarded video ad unit, provide values for the reward amount and reward type. Then, to ensure you provide the same reward to the user no matter which ad network is served, check the Override reward settings from third-party ad networks when using mediation box.
If you don't apply this setting, the maio adapter defaults to a reward
"" (empty string) with a value of
1. The maio SDK does not
provide specific reward values for its rewarded video ads.
Step 3: Import the maio SDK and adapter
Using CocoaPods (recommended)
Add the following line to your project's Podfile:
From the command line run:
pod install --repo-update
- Download the latest version of the maio SDK.
- Download the latest version of the
maioAdapter.frameworkin your project.
Step 4: Additional code required
No additional code is required for maio iOS integration.
Step 5: Test your implementation
Publishers using version 7.26.0 or higher of the Google Mobile Ads SDK will
automatically receive test ads from maio on phones and tablets registered as
when making requests.
maio iOS Mediation Adapter Changelog
- Verified compatibility with maio SDK version 1.5.2.
Build and tested with:
- Google Mobile Ads SDK version 7.53.1.
- Maio SDK version 1.5.2.
- Verified compatibility with maio SDK version 1.5.1.
Build and tested with:
- Google Mobile Ads SDK version 7.52.0.
- Maio SDK version 1.5.1.
- Verified compatibility with maio SDK version 1.5.0.
Built and tested with
- Google Mobile Ads SDK version 7.51.0.
- Maio Ads SDK version 1.5.0.
- Verified compatibility with maio SDK version 1.4.8.
- Verified compatibility with maio SDK version 1.4.6.
- Updated the adapter to use the new rewarded API.
- Now requires Google Mobile Ads SDK version 7.42.2 or higher.
- Verified compatibility with maio SDK version 1.4.2.
- Verified compatibility with maio SDK version 1.4.1.
- Fixed an issue where maio adapter might fail if multiple MediaIds are provided from AdMob.
- Verified compatibility with maio SDK version 1.4.0.
- Verified compatibility with maio SDK version 1.3.2.
adapterDidCompletePlayingRewardBasedVideoAd:callback to the adapter.
- Verified compatibility with maio SDK version 1.3.1.
- Verified compatibility with maio SDK version 1.3.0.
- Verified compatibility with maio SDK version 1.2.19.
- First release!
- Added support for interstitials and rewarded videos ads.