This guide is intended for publishers who want to use the Google Mobile Ads SDK to load and display ads from maio via mediation. It covers how to add maio to an ad unit's mediation configuration, and how to integrate the maio SDK and adapter into an iOS app.
The dashboard interface for maio uses Japanese text for its labels, buttons, and descriptions, and the screenshots in this guide have not been translated. In this guide's descriptions and instructions however, labels and buttons are referenced with their English language equivalents. "URL スキーム," for example, is "URL Scheme," and so on.
Supported formats and features
The AdMob mediation adapter for maio has the following capabilities:
|Rewarded Video (new APIs)|
|Ad Network Optimization (ANO)|
- Xcode 9.2 or higher
- iOS Deployment target of 8.0 or higher
- Google Mobile Ads SDK 7.42.2 or higher
Step 1: Set up maio network
Select the tab corresponding to your preferred Ad Type.
Enter the Name of your app, set the platform as iOS and provide your App URL. Select Video interstitial as the Ad Type, and then click Update.
Enter the Name of your app, set the platform as iOS and provide your App URL. Select Video Rewards as the Ad Type, and then click Update.
In the Application Management page, make a note of the Media ID. It's needed to set up your AdMob ad unit in the next section.
In the Zone Management page, make a note of the Zone ID. It will also be needed to set up your AdMob ad unit in the next section.
In addition to Media ID and Zone ID, you will need API ID and API KEY to set up your iOS ad unit ID for mediation.
In Reporting API page, make a note of API ID and API KEY.
Step 2: Configure mediation settings for your AdMob ad unit
You need to add maio to the mediation configuration for your ad unit. First sign in to your AdMob account.
Navigate to the Mediation tab. If you have an existing mediation group you'd like to modify, click the name of that mediation group to edit it, and skip ahead to Add maio as an ad source.
To create a new mediation group, select Create Mediation Group.
Enter your Ad Format and Platform, then click Continue.
Give your mediation group a Name, and select locations to target. Next, set the mediation group status to Enabled, and then click Add Ad Units.
Associate this mediation group with one or more of your existing AdMob ad units. Then, click Done.
You should now see the ad units card populated with the ad units you selected as shown below:
Add maio as an ad source
In the Ad Sources card, select Add Ad Network.
Select maio as the ad network and enter the API ID and API KEY obtained in previous section to set up ANO for maio. Then enter an eCPM value for maio and click Continue.
Enter the Media ID and Zone ID obtained in the previous section and click Done.
Using rewarded video ads
In the settings for your rewarded video ad unit, provide values for the reward amount and reward type. Then, to ensure you provide the same reward to the user no matter which ad network is served, check the Apply to all networks in Mediation groups box.
If you don't apply this setting, the maio adapter defaults to a reward
"" (empty string) with a value of
1. The maio SDK does not
provide specific reward values for its rewarded video ads.
Step 3: Import the maio SDK and adapter
Using CocoaPods (recommended)
Add the following line to your project's Podfile:
From the command line run:
pod install --repo-update
- Download the latest version of the maio SDK.
- Download the latest version of the
maioAdapter.frameworkin your project.
Step 4: Additional code required
No additional code is required for maio iOS integration.
Step 5: Test your implementation
Publishers using version 7.26.0 or higher of the Google Mobile Ads SDK will
automatically receive test ads from maio on phones and tablets registered as
when making requests.
maio iOS Mediation Adapter Changelog
- Verified compatibility with maio SDK version 1.5.0.
Built and tested with
- Google Mobile Ads SDK version 7.51.0.
- Maio Ads SDK version 1.5.0.
- Verified compatibility with maio SDK version 1.4.8.
- Verified compatibility with maio SDK version 1.4.6.
- Updated the adapter to use the new rewarded API.
- Now requires Google Mobile Ads SDK version 7.42.2 or higher.
- Verified compatibility with maio SDK version 1.4.2.
- Verified compatibility with maio SDK version 1.4.1.
- Fixed an issue where maio adapter might fail if multiple MediaIds are provided from AdMob.
- Verified compatibility with maio SDK version 1.4.0.
- Verified compatibility with maio SDK version 1.3.2.
adapterDidCompletePlayingRewardBasedVideoAd:callback to the adapter.
- Verified compatibility with maio SDK version 1.3.1.
- Verified compatibility with maio SDK version 1.3.0.
- Verified compatibility with maio SDK version 1.2.19.
- First release!
- Added support for interstitials and rewarded videos ads.