Alerts, hazards, and closures that appear on Waze maps are added and updated through the following primary sources:
- Our users and Map Editors community.
- Feeds provided by our partners.
A partner data feed lets Waze partners independently upload and share traffic alerts, moving vehicles, and road closure information with Waze drivers in real time.
Basic feed creation
The basic steps in creating a feed are as follows:
- Create an XML or JSON format feed file containing your data for closures, incidents, or moving vehicles. You can provide closure and incident information in the same feed.
- Provide a URL to the data via the Partner Hub.
- Wait for the file to be validated by Waze. In the event of encountering problems with the feed, expect an email from the Waze Partners team.
- Once approved, the data is automatically fetched and added to the Waze maps.