Constructing a partner feed
Complete the following process to construct a partner feed.
- Create your feed files in either XML or JSON format.
- Populate the feed with relevant data (for example: closures, incidents,
or moving vehicles). Please note: You can provide closure and incident
information in the same feed.
We recommend that you use a schema checker to be sure that the file is correctly formatted and includes all the required parameters. Refer to XML validation for the file organization and road closure elements, incident elements, or moving vehicle elements for the specific details of the feed elements. Incorrectly formatted or incomplete files will not be processed for publication.
- Post the file where it can be accessed using a web browser. Refer to Feed file hosting for instructions on this requirement.
- If you’ve already joined our Partner Hub, log into your organization’s Portal account and add a link or upload the file to the relevant dataset. If you haven’t already signed on as a Waze For Cities partner, we ask that you fill out an application. Partnership is required for feed files to be accepted for posting.
- Once the file is posted, we will verify that the format and schema are correct. While we can make minor modifications, more significant flaws will result in the file being returned to you for correction. If your feed file is returned to you, you must fix the file, and then update your request in the Portal with a direct link to your revised feed file.
- After your feed is implemented in our systems, Waze automatically fetches the data and populates the map with the relevant incidents, closures, and other information. Data is fetched automatically every few minutes, and after the data is fetched, it may take an additional several minutes for the information to appear in the Waze app. If you have special requirement regarding the feed frequency please, contact the Waze team.