Cardboard is the world’s most accessible and affordable VR platform, supporting both Android and iOS. Cardboard enables immersive VR experiences by fusing data from the phone's sensors to predict the user's head position in both the real and virtual worlds. This combined with Cardboard's simple, easy-to-use headset makes it ideal for quick VR experiences.
- Cross-platform support for both Android and iOS devices.
- Affordable viewers that support one-button input and gaze-based UI.
- Powerful SDKs that make it easy to create VR experiences in the development environment of your choice
- Cardboard supports Android versions 4.1 or higher.
- Cardboard supports iOS versions 8.0 or higher.
Not all viewers work with every phone. If you see a device incompatible message, you may not have a device with a gyroscope included. To see whether your phone will work with a specific Cardboard viewer, check the viewer's website.
Cardboard viewers make it easy to insert and secure your phone for VR experiences. Cardboard viewers are:
- Lightweight and portable
- Easy-to-use even for first time users with just a single button input
- Immersive, supporting a wide field-of-view
You can buy your own Cardboard viewer here.
Take a look at our guides below to get started with the SDK on the platform of your choice.