Feeling a little stuck? There are several ways to get some help with your app.
- Ask a question on Stack Overflow.
- Report a bug or feature request on the issue tracker.
- Google Maps APIs Premium Plan customers, in addition to the community support channels, you have access to enterprise-level support through Google's support representatives for select APIs.
Community support on Stack Overflow
We use the popular programming Q&A website Stack Overflow to field technical questions about the Google Maps Geocoding API. Stack Overflow is a collaboratively-edited question and answer site for programmers. The site is not run by Google, but you can sign in using your Google account. It's a great place to ask technical questions about developing and maintaining your app.
Members of the Google Maps APIs team monitor several Google Maps related tags
on Stack Overflow. You can look for Google Maps APIs topics by adding
to your search query. You can look for Google Maps Geocoding API-specific topics by adding
google-geocoding-api. You may wish to add additional tags to your question
to attract the attention of experts in related technologies.
Before posting a question on Stack Overflow:
Before posting, please search the group to see if someone has already answered your question.
When posting a new question, please consider the following:
- Be very clear about your question in the subject — it helps those trying to answer your question as well as those who may be looking for information in the future.
- Give plenty of details in your post to help others understand your problem. Consider including code snippets, logs, or links to screenshots.
- Please include a code snippet that demonstrates the problem. Most people will not debug errors in your code without a simple sample that easily reproduces the problem. If you find it difficult to host your code online, use a service like JSFiddle.
- Read the Stack Overflow FAQ. The site and its community have guidelines and tips that you should follow to help ensure your question is answered.
Report an issue or feature request
If you think you may have found a bug, or if you have a feature request that you would like to share with the Google Maps APIs team, please file a bug or feature request in our issue tracker.
If you think the cause of a problem is a bug in the Google Maps Geocoding API, report it on our issue tracker. Please include the following information in your bug description:
- A description of the problem, and the behavior you expected instead.
- A list of steps and/or a small snippet of sample code that can be taken to reproduce the problem.
- Any other information that the bug report template may require.
Before reporting a bug, please search the bug list to see if someone has already reported the issue.
You can use the issue tracker to request new features or suggest modifications to existing features. Please describe the specific functionality you would like to see added, as well as reasons you think it's important. If possible, include specific details about your use case and the new opportunities the feature would allow for.
Before filing a new feature request, please search the list to see if someone has already filed the same request.
|Issue tracker status codes|
|New||This issue/feature request has not been triaged.|
|PendingFurtherReview||This issue has passed initial triage and is waiting for priority review.|
|Accepted||The issue/feature request is valid and we are actively investigating.|
|NeatIdea||Feature request is acknowledged. We are currently evaluating this request but do not have any plans to implement it. Please star to vote and comment to discuss your use case.|
|NeedsMoreInfo||This issue/feature request requires more info from the reporter. Please provide some simple code to reproduce the issue.|
|Fixed||The issue is resolved in a released version.|
|Invalid||This is not a valid bug or feature request. Please refer to our posting guidelines.|
|Duplicate||This report duplicates an existing issue.|
|WorkingAsIntended||The described behavior is working as intended.|
|CannotReproduce||We are unable to reproduce the issue with the information given. Please provide some simple code to reproduce the issue. We cannot accept an issue that we cannot reproduce.|
|Obsolete||This issue was valid, but something has changed. This status may be used for accepted bugs logged against recently unsupported browsers, or deprecated features.|
|WontFix||We will not fix this issue.|