Many Google apps, one platform in the cloud
Try a 5-minute quickstart
Add-on for Google DocsCreate a Docs add-on that transforms selected text into other languages with Google Translate.
Macros, menus, and custom functionsTailor spreadsheet functions to your needs and build reports with a custom menu in Google Sheets.
Managing responses for Google FormsEmail Calendar invites and a personalized Google Doc to every user who responds to a form.
Desktop add-ons for Docs, Sheets, Slides, and Forms
Apps Script makes it easy to create and publish add-ons in an online store for Google Sheets, Docs, Slides, and Forms. There’s no better way to distribute scripts to large numbers of users, whether you want to ship your code to the whole world or keep it private to the users in your G Suite domain.
July 26, 2019
- The Slides service has been extended with the following new methods to support concrete color schemes:
- The Spreadsheet service has been extended with the following new methods to support trimming whitespace and removing duplicate values:
May 20, 2019
- The Gmail service has been updated
GmailMessage.getHeader(name)method that can retrieve a RFC 2822 header from a message.
- The Optimization service has been updated with the following batch methods:
April 8, 2019
The behavior of the Google Clould (GCP) projects used by scripts has been altered. Now, the default GCP projects that Apps Script creates for new scripts are hidden and script owners can't access them directly. Admins and domain users with the
resourcemanager.projects.listpermission on the parenting GCP folder can still access default GCP projects.
If you need access to a script's GCP project (because you wish to publish it or take a similar action), it's best to switch your script to use a standard GCP project.
April 5, 2019
- The Spreadsheet service has been
extended with the following new classes and methods to support text finding,
checkboxes, and other features:
clearRanges()method has been added to the all the embedded chart type builder classes, such as
- The Data Studio service has been extended with the following new classes and methods that support configuring BigQuery connectors:
Notificationobjects in the Card service no longer have a type that you must set. Calls to the now removed
Notification.setType(type)method result in a no-op.