You can post and subscribe to the following groups to get updates on Google Public DNS, and to discuss the design and implementation of Google Public DNS and DNS infrastructure in general:
This is a forum for presenting and discussing new ideas, products and initiatives that aim to speed up the DNS infrastructure across the Internet. You can also use this group to provide feedback on the features implemented with Google Public DNS. This forum is moderated, so your email will only show up once it has been approved by the group owner.
This is a read-only list where you can get information on new versions, releases, and features of Google Public DNS, as well as current status of the service.
If you encounter a problem with Google Public DNS, first please run the diagnostic tests. If the problem is about a specific domain cannot be resolved by Google Public DNS, try to use intoDNS and DNSViz to diagnose the nameserver first.
If you are unable to resolve the problem, and would like to report an issue, you have two options:
- Post to public-dns-discuss. This shares your report publicly, and allows you to get feedback from other Google Public DNS users.
- Post to the Issue Tracker. This keeps your report private to yourself and Google Public DNS engineers. Your issue will be given a tracking number, and a Google Public DNS engineer will be assigned to handle it. You can view the issue's history and status as it is updated.
- The date and time you encountered the problem
- Your location
- The platform on which you are noticing the problem (e.g. Mac, Windows, router, etc.)
- The hostname(s) for which you are having a problem
- Whether the problem is continuous or intermittent
- The links to the tools' nameserver diagnosis report page
- The output of the commands you ran in the diagnostic tests