This page lists the major changes in each release of Google Pay API for Android. The release notes are ordered and identified by date, and they include descriptions of the changes.
Released version 19.2.1 of the Play Services Wallet library, which updates the PayButton API to fall back to a static button asset for users with Google Play Services version less than 23.21.0.
- Button text with the same size as the “GPay” logo.
- Adjustable button margins to the minimum and maximum button heights.
- Configurable corner radius to match your UI design.
Upgrades the PayButton API on Android from beta to stable, while including changes:
- Added AsiaBill, bePaid, ConnexPay, EpicPay, Mixplat, Netopia, PaymentFusion, Pikassa, and PSCB to the list of participating processors.
- Added the new Google Pay Mark asset to all of the examples in UX best practices.
- Added CardKnox, Cloud9 Payment Gateway (C9PG), Corefy, Pay.nl, and ReePay to the list of participating processors.
- Added the new Google Pay Mark asset to Brand guidelines.
- Added ЮKassa, IMOJE, Modulbank, PayNearMe, QIWI, and QualPay to the list of participating processors.
- Added AllPayments, CellPoint Mobile, Evopay, and Primer to the list of participating processors.
- Added instructions to configure the Google Pay API to comply with Strong Customer Authentication (SCA) to SCA and Google Pay API.
- Added InPlat, IntellectMoney, Rebilly, TAS Link, and UAPay to the list of participating processors.
- Added instructions on how to use our
TESTmerchant ID value to test decryption with the TINK library to Payment data cryptography.
- Added Alfa-Bank Ukraine, AsiaPay, Bizzon, Credorax, and Payload to the list of participating processors.
- Added a video that explains the Google Pay API in Brazilian Portuguese to Overview.
- Added sample code and examples in the Kotlin programming language to Tutorial.
- Added instructions to access our test card suite in the
TESTenvironment to Test card suite.
- Added ConcordPay, Payfacto, Radial to the list of participating processors.
- Added Kassa to the list of participating processors.
- Added payment flow figures that explain the relationship between Merchants, Google, and Payment Processors to Overview.
- Added more information about the
isReadytoPayclient reference to Reference.
- Added FreedomPay, Paymo, Oceanpayment, and PayU India to the list of participating processors.
- Added 2C2P, Windcave, dLocal, and Paymentwall to the list of participating processors.
- Added gateway parameter values to Tutorial.
- Added the
allowedCreditCardsproperty to the
CardParametersrequest object that allows merchants to filter out credit card transactions to Reference.
- Added instructions to gain production access via registering with Google Pay and Wallet Console to Request production access.
- Added instructions to contact support for onboarding and technical questions via Google Pay and Wallet Console to How to get help and Troubleshooting.
- Added PayOnline to the list of participating processors.
- Added Paygent, Judopay, Paymark, e-SiTef - Software Express, and noon payments to the list of participating processors.
- Added a summary view to Brand guidelines.
- Added Billing Systems, Spreedly, theMAP, and APPEX to the list of participating processors.
DIRECTintegration requirements to Overview.
- Added Tranzzo, MOBI.Money, Suntech, and Best2Pay to the list of participating processors.
- Added OpenCart to the list of participating platforms.
- Added instructions to enable Brazil debit and credit combo card support in the
allowedCardNetworksproperty for the
CardParametersrequest object to Reference.
- Added NCCC, eCard, and BlueGate (NTTData) to the list of participating processors.
- Added PayAnyWay, Paragon Payment Solutions, and Paylane to the list of participating processors.
- Removed the
merchantIdproperty from the example
- Added new supplemental images to UX best practices.
- Added instructions to customize your integration for SCA compliance to Strong Customer Authentication.
- Added Cathay United Bank, Chase Merchant Services (formerly Chase Paymentech), LogPay, Nuvei, Payler, Paymetric, and RBS to the list of participating processors.
- Added CardConnect, eGHL, and LogPay to the list of participating processors.
- Added a diverse set of sample token examples to Test with sample tokens.
- Added more information and examples to UX best practices.
- Added new
INTERAC, to the Tutorial.
- Added Braspag, Ecard, Redsys, and Worldnet to the list of participating processors.
- Added Computop, MyCheck, Sipay, TPay.com, and Wirecard to the list of supported gateways.
- Added PayPal as a supported payment method in the
typeproperty for the
PaymentMethodrequest object to Reference.
- Added iQmetrix, Portmone, and Vindicia to the list of participating processors.
- Added Gestpay, iPay88, MultiCarta, Square, and WayForPay to the list of participating processors.
- Added more information about encryption and sample payloads returned with a
DIRECTintegration to Test with sample tokens.
- Added frequently asked product and troubleshooting questions and answers to FAQ.
- Added Assist, GMO Payment Gateway, and Moneris to the list of supported gateways.
Added localized content in the following languages:
- Portuguese (Brazilian)
- Chinese (Traditional)
- Added examples for participating processors to the
gateway table and
gatewayMerchantIdproperties for the
TokenizationSpecificationRequest Object to Reference.
- Added Arabic for the "Buy with Google Pay" resource to Brand guidelines.
- Added information about ECv2, an updated cryptography protocol that allows merchants to store
a static, long-term, Google signing key that only needs to be updated every 10 years, for
DIRECTintegrations to Payment data cryptography.
- Added information about ECv2 payload support for the Tink Library version 1.1.0 to Tink release notes.
- Added NMI to the list of participating processors.
- Added more information about the Google Pay mark to Brand guidelines.
- Added instructions for key rotation for
DIRECTintegrations to Payment data cryptography.
- Added information about APIv2 to GitHub code sample.
- Added information about the new version of Google Pay API, APIv2, to Update to latest version.