|Edition #1 | January, 2017||SUBSCRIBE|
Welcome to the Google Developers Newsletter
We're pleased to share the first edition of the Google Developers newsletter with you. In this inaugural newsletter, we're kicking things off with a reflection on 2016! In future editions, you can expect highlights on the latest from our developer products and programs across Android, iOS, Web and more. We'll also be supporting 6 additional languages besides English.
- Android 7.0 Nougat, brought new features for performance, productivity, and security. Test your apps with new system behaviors to save power and memory, and take advantage of multi-window UI, direct reply notifications and more.
- Android Studio 2.2 is packed with 20+ new features that help you develop faster with features like the new Layout Editor and develop smarter with the new APK analyzer. Plus, it includes support for all the latest features in Android 7.0 with an updated emulator to test them all out.
- Stay up-to-date with features and best practices that will help you grow a successful business on Google Play with the Playbook for Developers app.
- Firebase Crash Reporting is out of Beta, and added email alerts, Analytics events and more.
- Firebase Test Lab launched a Free tier + support for 11 additional Android device models.
- Firebase Analytics recently announced real-time uploading of conversion events, integration with Data Studio and DebugView beta.
- Game Developers: Firebase Unity plugin and expanded C++ SDK is now available.
- Curious to learn more? Take the "Firebase in a weekend" course.
- Here's a recap of what launched at the Firebase Summit in Berlin.
- Get a 1.5 min update on what's now possible on the mobile web.
- Last year when we spoke about Progressive Web Apps (PWAs), things were just getting started. Now we're seeing the movement in full swing, with many large sites globally launching great new apps and feeling the success that PWAs can bring.
- Did you know Flipkart tripled time-on-site with their PWA? Well done! Find out how other partners are using PWAs to enhance their mobile web experience.
- Make your mobile sites load faster with AMP.
- (Not so) Fun fact: users abandon mobile purchases twice as often than desktop purchases. Use the Payment Request API to replace traditional checkout flows by allowing merchants to request and accept any payment in a single API call.
- TensorFlow celebrated its first year since the Google Brain team open-sourced it to accelerate machine learning and make it work for everyone. Participate in the TensorFlow community by following us on Twitter, finding us on GitHub, asking and answering questions on Stack Overflow, and joining the community discussion list.
- You can now build Conversation Actions for Google Home and request to become an early access partner for upcoming platform features. Learn more in our Actions on Google video series and by joining the Actions on Google community.
- Women Techmakers, a program which provides visibility, community, and resources for women in technology, announced a membership program offering curated resources to support your career.