2024 Solution Challenge timeline
Join a Google Developer Student Club
Form a team and register
Learn and build
Identify a solution
Design the user interface
Test your solution
Iterate on your project
Record a demo video, and submit
Impact (25 points)
- Does the entry establish a clear challenge using their problem statement? (5 points)
- Do they explain clearly which UN Sustainable Development goals and targets they chose for their solution and why? (5 points)
- Feedback from users, testing & iteration (5 points)
- Does the team clearly describe three feedback points they received from real users and the steps they took to test them?
- Is there evidence of what the team learned and how the solution was iterated upon based on user feedback?
- Does the solution address the challenge (and problem statement) identified by the team? Does the team adequately describe the success of their solution using metrics, goals, and outcomes? (5 points)
- Is there evidence of next steps? Does the team display a clear plan for future extension to a larger audience if they were to continue? (5 points)
Technology (25 points)
- Does the team clearly describe the following: architecture, high-level components, responsibility of each component, specific products and platform they implemented? Has the team clearly explained what Google technology they used and why? (5 points)
- Does the solution implement all the technical components needed to solve the challenge? (5 points)
- Code testing and iteration (5 points)
- Does the team highlight one challenge they faced while building their code, how they addressed the issue, and the technical decisions and implementations they had to make? Did the team include guidance on running their code?
- Does the video demonstration show an actual working application (not a mockup) and how a user will interact with the solution? Does the demo show how the solution makes effective and appropriate use of the features of the chosen Google technology or platform? (5 points)
- Can the solution, in its current form or minor structural changes, support more users and increased scale? (5 points)
Top 100 teams selected
After judges review all submissions against the evaluation criteria, the top 100 Solution Challenge teams will be announced.
Mentoring for top 100 teams
The top 100 teams receive mentorship from Google and Google Developer Experts to improve their solution and resubmit it for the top prize.
Top 10 finalists announced
Finalist teams will be announced and begin to prepare for the 2023 Solution Challenge Demo Day.