Last modified: June 12, 2019
About our policies
Jibe RCS Business Messaging (RBM) allows businesses and users to engage in messaging conversations that are rich, interactive and useful. When using RBM, businesses are represented by agents. To ensure that our users have a safe and positive experience when interacting with agents using RBM, our policies provide a guideline of restricted content and prohibited behaviors. Please follow these policies when using RBM.
If you encounter content or a business that you believe violates any of the below policies, please report it immediately using the form linked here. Please note that most transactions-related issues or questions - such as refunds for products and services - may best be resolved directly between users and businesses. We will not be in a position to arbitrate disputes.
Jibe reserves the right to modify our policies at any time. RBM will also exercise its sole discretion in the interpretation and enforcement of these policies in conjunction with the product’s Terms of Service.
Agent profile and registration
Use your real business name in your agent profile as it will help build trust with the users your agent converses with. Your agent name, description, and assets shown to users cannot feature content that is mature, offensive or illegal. All of the business information provided to the end users, for example, business name, branding assets, website and contact information must be accurate and up-to-date.
Agent partner registration
If the business represented by the agent has a developer partner who will be managing the agent’s use of RBM, we require that the business must have a direct, contractual relationship with the partner granting the partner all necessary rights to manage the agent’s messaging content. The partner shall be subjected to RBM policies and must not be an entity that was previously disapproved by Jibe.
Please note that we do not allow the sublicensing of agents to other companies, which offer products or services not owned by the business represented by the agent, or permit other sub-contracted or third party entities to promote unrelated products and services.
Privacy and security
Please note that we prohibit the collection and use of sensitive personal and confidential information, such as national identification number or social security number, payment and financial data when collected or used outside of Jibe’s secure payments flow (e.g., credit card and bank account numbers), log-in credentials, passwords, or answers to security questions. When agents are sending such information, they must appropriately obfuscate or mask it (e.g. only displaying the last 4 digits of a credit card number).
Do not use any information about the user’s online or offline state for any reason except to directly provide the services to the user, and under no circumstances in a manner that may surprise or disturb a user (including, but not limited to, sending a promotion or advertisement based on them coming back online). Using or sharing user data without specific user consent for the specific use of that data is strictly prohibited.
Illegal content and activities
Keep it legal. Agents, users and third parties are prohibited from using RBM to engage in illegal activities or facilitate the purchases or sales of any illegal products and services. Examples include, but are not limited to: child sexual abuse imagery, sales of human organs, sales of animal and regulated species, human trafficking activities, and terrorist content. It is your responsibility to comply with the applicable laws and regulations in your respective country.
To ensure that you do not spam or facilitate transmission of spam, please follow the guidelines below:
- Ensure that you only text users who have explicitly opted into receiving your messages
- Do not send unwanted promotional or commercial content, or aggressively message users
- Do not sell, exchange or distribute user phone numbers without their consent to a third party
- Abide by any applicable local regulations, such as specific opt-in requirements before texting mobile subscribers, record keeping or opt-out requirements
Abuse of the product
Do not misuse RBM. We want RBM to be relevant and safe for users, thus we do not allow the following:
- Phishing scams
- Attempting to trick other users or third parties for unfair advantages or financial gains
- Content or behavior that circumvents, harms or interferes with the operation of other agents, RBM networks, servers, or other infrastructure
- Distribution of malicious or unwanted software that violates Google's Unwanted software policy
- Practices that violate the Google Webmaster Guidelines
Users should not feel misled by RBM content, and that means agents should be upfront, honest, and provide them with the information that they need to make informed decisions. RBM content must not represent you or your products or services in a way that is not accurate, realistic, and truthful. For example, they must not:
- Be misleading (e.g., making false statement about the business or qualification, falsely affiliating with other individuals, organizations, products and services, or making false claims which position improbable results as likely outcomes even if they are technically feasible)
- Conceal or misstate information about the business, product, or service (e.g., using a false or fictitious identity, business name or contact information, offers for products or services that are normally offered for free).
- Impersonate any person or organization they do not represent, or conceal their ownership or primary purpose. This includes directing content about politics, social issues, or matters of public concern to users in a country other than the agent’s, if the agent misrepresents or conceals its country of origin or other material details about itself.
- Contain information which is not clearly relevant to the actual product or service on the destination page
- Fail to disclose the payment model and full expense that a user will bear (e.g., shipping costs and other billing related information; recurring subscription costs)
- Prompt users to initiate a purchase, download, or other commitment without first providing all relevant information and obtaining the user’s explicit consent
Impersonation is not allowed. Do not use our Services to mislead or confuse users by pretending to be someone else or pretending to represent an organization you do not represent.
Profanity and inappropriate language
Don’t use obscene, profane, or offensive language, or nonsensical content that carries no actual meaning.
Editorial and technical requirements
To facilitate high quality user experiences, do ensure that your content conforms with the editorial and professional standards as follow:
- Grammar, spelling and spacing: all business content must use commonly accepted spelling, basic grammar and be written in logical sentence form.
- Symbols: no excessive use of numbers, letters, punctuation marks or emoticons
- Capitalization: business content must not contain excessive or incorrect capitalization
- Gimmicky text: business content must avoid repetition of words, phrases and punctuation, and should not include any unnecessary or irrelevant text.
- Image and video quality: image and video should not be low quality, unclear, appear sideways or upside down
Our content policies are categorized into two groups: Prohibited content and Restricted content. We forbid businesses that operate, feature, or involve with prohibited content as well as businesses that exclusively promote products or services in restricted content areas from using RBM. We allow business whose operations are partially related to the restricted content category, but the agents cannot send promotional updates, advertisement or commercial content that promote the restricted products or services. Always remember to comply with your local laws and regulations.
RBM does not support unlawful, offensive or inappropriate content. This is a non-exhaustive list of content we do not allow:
Dangerous products or services
Products or services that cause damage, harm, or injury. These include, but are not limited to, recreational drugs, instructional content or equipment to facilitate drug use, explosive materials, fireworks, weapons, instructions for making explosives or other harmful products.
Products or services that enable dishonest behaviors
Products, services or content that help users to mislead others such as fake documents, aids to pass drug tests, paper-writing or exam taking services; Products, services or instruction that enable unauthorized access to systems, devices or property.
Dangerous or derogatory content
Content, products or services that:
- Incite hatred against, promote discrimination of, or disparage an individual or group on the basis of their race or ethnic origin, religion, disability, age, nationality, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, or other characteristic that is associated with systemic discrimination or marginalization
- Harass, intimidate, or bully an individual or group of individuals
- Threaten or advocate for harm on oneself or others
- Seek to exploit others (e.g. blackmail, soliciting or promoting dowries)
- Inappropriate use of flags, national emblems, or religious icons and imagery
Content, products or services that:
- Contain violent language, gruesome or disgusting imagery, or graphic images or accounts of physical trauma
- Contain gratuitous portrayal of bodily fluids or waste
- Contain obscene or profane language
- Likely cause shock, scare or disgust
Capitalizing on sensitive events
Content which may be deemed as capitalizing on or lacking reasonable sensitivity towards a natural disaster, conflict, death, or other tragic event with no discernible benefit to the victims.
Content that promotes or depicts cruelty or gratuitous violence towards animals, or which may be interpreted as trading in or selling products derived from threatened or extinct species.
Content, products or services that are sexually explicit, sexually suggestive, or promote sexual themes, activities or escort services. Content promoting the sexual exploitation of minors, such as child sexual abuse imagery, is strictly prohibited.
Agents using RBM cannot send advertisements, promotional or commercial content or updates that are related to restricted content. Below is a non-exhaustive list of restricted content categories:
Content, products or services that promote sales or consumption of tobacco, products containing tobacco, component parts of tobacco or product designed to simulate smoking behaviors.
Content, products or services that promote branding, sales, promotion or consumption of alcoholic beverages. Content that promotes irresponsible alcohol consumption is prohibited.
Gambling and games
Gambling related content, products or services, which include but are not limited to: physical casinos, offline and online gambling activities, national or private lottery, promotional offers for gambling sites, and social casino games.
Healthcare related products and services
Content, products or services that promote branding or sales of prescription drugs, over-the- counter medicines, medical suppliers, online pharmacy, unapproved substances, clinical trial recruitment, HIV home test, abortion, birth control products and miracle cures products or services.
All political content must comply with local regulations, including but not limited to restricted types of political content or election silence’ periods.
WHAT HAPPENS IF YOU VIOLATE OUR POLICIES
Depending on how egregious a violation is, Jibe may respond in several different ways. Below is a list of various ways we enforce policies.
We may suspend RBM services on agents that violate our product policies. This means that the agents can no longer use RBM services until the problem is fixed and passed a policy review. In some cases, we may allow an appeal process for the agents to fix the policy violation.
We may suspend your account if you have several violations or a serious violation. If this happens, all RBM services will be disabled. Any related accounts, including your new account, may be automatically suspended. We may report any illegal activity if required by law.