EMM partners already using the Google Play EMM API can use the Android Device Management API to support the following Enterprise Solution Sets:
The Android Management API is a self-contained API that eliminates the need for you to create your own Device Policy Controller (DPC). Instead, managed devices use Android Device Policy to enforce policies app and device management policies sent via the API.
Create an enterprise
Although Android Management supports enterprise creation (
enterprises.create), these calls are not available to partners using the
Google Play EMM API. Instead, partners must use the Google Play EMM API to
enroll new enterprises.
Start using the Android Management API
- Enable the Android Management API for your project.
- Create and enroll an enterprise using the Google Play EMM API.
- Enable Android Device Policy for the enterprise using the Google Play EMM API.
- Using the enterprise's
enterpriseIdand ESA, develop your COSU or Purpose-Built solution with the Android Management API.
To test the Android Management API and provision a device in minutes, try the Quickstart guide.
Set up Pub/Sub notifications
Before setting up Pub/Sub notifications for Android Management, EMM partners with programmatically created ESAs must register the Cloud project they want to use to receive notifications:
- Sign into the EMM community on Google Cloud Connect. You must be a registered EMM to have access to this site.
- Open the EMM registration form.
- Select Modify an existing EMM object. Enter the required information.
- In the Make your changes section, select Register Pub/Sub notifications with Android Management API for EMMs with existing Play EMM API access.
- Enter the name of your preferred Cloud project.