When you agree to the terms of the Google Ads Data Hub Agreement, you are required to adhere to the following policies (in addition to applicable partner and product-specific policies that Google makes available to you). If you fail to comply with these policies, we may suspend and/or terminate your access to and use of Ads Data Hub.
Ads Data Hub facilitates your analysis of (1) data that you have uploaded to a BigQuery project; and (2) Google's proprietary data.
You must not:
- Attempt to disaggregate data that Google reports in aggregate;
- Attempt to use Google's proprietary data to identify end users;
- Attempt to use Google's proprietary data to build, edit or augment user profiles or to build, edit or augment audience lists for any uses beyond those permitted in the audience activation channels approved by Ads Data Hub and formally supported using Ads Data Hub's official interface; or
- Use identifiers in match tables uploaded to your Google Cloud project that Google could use or recognize as personally-identifiable information in any match tables uploaded to Ads Data Hub.
When using user-provided data matching or any Ads Data Hub feature that enables the upload of your data to Google or any audience activation features made available to you in Ads Data Hub, you may only upload or otherwise use customer information that you (or, if applicable, the client on whose behalf you utilize Ads Data Hub) collected in the first-party context—that is, information you collected from your websites, apps, physical stores, or other situations where customers shared their information directly with you.
If you are an advertiser that does not directly sell your products to customers—for example, you are a product manufacturer or a movie studio—you may upload customer information collected by a retailer that sells your products (where customers share their information directly with the retailer). You must (1) ensure in writing that the retailer complies with these policies, and (2) where required by applicable laws, have written agreements in place with such retailers.
- You collected information from a customer who had purchased an item from your website.
- You collected information from a customer who registered to receive marketing messages through your apps.
- You collected information from a customer who signed up for your loyalty program in your physical store.
When using user-provided data matching or any Ads Data Hub feature that enables the upload of your data to Google, you must also:
- Comply with all applicable laws and regulations, including any data protection or privacy laws, as well as self-regulatory or industry codes that may apply.
- Comply with Google's EU User Consent Policy to the extent applicable.
- You may not upload information that is prohibited by law, including information about minors. Don't upload any data (1) that you know relates to individuals under the age of 13 or (2) that was collected from any site or app directed to children under the age of 13.
If you use Ads Data Hub in connection with other Google services to enable interest-based advertising, you must follow the policies applicable to those Google services—for example, Google Ads Policy for Personalized Advertising and the Platforms Program Policies, and comply with the EU User Consent Policy to the extent applicable.
- You must not access or use Ads Data Hub other than through Google's Ads Data Hub API or the Ads Data Hub web interface.
- Google reserves the right to throttle an Ads Data Hub account's queries, per Advertiser, if more than 10 concurrent queries are submitted.
- Google reserves the right to throttle an Ads Data Hub account's queries, per Advertiser, if more than 10 queries per minute are submitted.
- If your query harms the stability of the Ads Data Hub, we reserve the right to pause your query.
- You must not, directly or through a third party, use Ads Data Hub to export, extract, or otherwise scrape or use Google's proprietary data for purposes of creating, promoting or enhancing any products or services that directly compete with any Google advertising products or service or publicly disclosing the results of any comparative testing, benchmarking, or evaluation of any Google advertising products or services.
Additional Restrictions Regarding Sensitive Information in Ads Data Hub
You are subject to additional restrictions related to sensitive interest information or categories (as described in the Google Personalized Advertising policy). Those restrictions are as follows:
- Sensitive interest categories listed in the Personalized Advertising policy can't be used by Ads Data Hub users to create audience lists, target ads to users, or promote advertisers' products or services.
- You cannot combine non-Google data associated with sensitive interest categories with Google data at query execution time for purposes of ad targeting
- You cannot combine data from reports generated by you or on your behalf using Ads Data Hub with any data associated with sensitive interest categories for commercial use.
Updated: November 3, 2023