Thank you for your interest in Google's Tenor API Services. The "Tenor API Services" means (1) the Tenor API services made available by Google, including those Tenor API services made available on the Tenor Developer Site, (2) documentation, information, materials, sample code and software relating to the Tenor API services that are made available on the Tenor Developer Site or by Google, (3) data, content (including audiovisual content) and information provided to API Clients through the Tenor API services ("Content"), and (4) the credentials assigned to you and your API Clients by Google.
- Components. To use the Tenor API Services, you must accept the Google API Terms of Service at https://developers.google.com/terms/ (or such other URL as Google may provide, the "Google API Terms of Service") and these Tenor API Additional Terms (the "Tenor Additional Terms").
- Terms. Collectively, we refer to the Google API Terms of Service, these Tenor Additional Terms, any accompanying documentation, and any applicable policies and guidelines as the "Terms".
- Precedence. You agree to comply with the Terms and that the Terms control your relationship with us. To the extent that there are any conflicts, the following order of precedence will apply: (i) other agreements with the parties covering the same subject (for example, if you have a separate Tenor API Content Access Agreement), (ii) Tenor Developer Policies, (iii) the Tenor Additional Terms, and (iv) Google's API Terms of Service.
- Google. We may refer to "Google" as "we", "our", or "us" in the Terms. Google may use its Affiliates in connection with performing its obligations and exercising its rights under the Terms.
Definitions. Capitalized terms used but not defined in these Tenor Additional Terms have the meaning given to them in the Google API Terms of Service.
- Affiliates means the entity that directly or indirectly controls, is controlled by, or is under common control with, Google, including Tenor, Inc.
- Tenor Developer Policies means the policies relating to the Tenor API Services currently located at https://support.google.com/tenor.
- Tenor Developer Site means the Tenor developer website including the webpages currently located at https://tenor.com/gifapi.
Use of the Tenor API Services.
Permitted Commercial Uses. As long as you follow these Terms, you may use the Tenor API for the following commercial uses or as otherwise described in the Tenor Developer Policies:
- charging fees to access your API Client or the online service that uses your API Client;
- using the Tenor API to show Content on an ad-enabled API Client (such as an ad-enabled app, blog, or website), subject to Section 3(c) (Prohibited Commercial Uses) below;
- placing your own branding on the API Client, as long as it does not interfere with the display of any Content or with any Tenor Branding.
- Prohibited Commercial Uses. Unless you obtain Google's prior written approval, you will not (or allow those acting on your behalf to) use the Tenor API Services to sell advertising, sponsorships, or promotions on or through the Content (including pop-up ads or ads linked to from the Content).
General Prohibitions. Your API Client will not, you will not, and you will not encourage or allow your users or other third parties to do the following in connection with the Tenor API Services:
- modify or replace the text, images, or other content of the Tenor search results;
- change the order in which Tenor search results are presented;
- intermix sources other than Tenor when attributing search results as Tenor search results;
- modify, replace, or disable links to Tenor or third-party websites provided in the Tenor search results or otherwise provided through the Tenor Services;
- modify, replace, interfere with, or block advertisements placed by Tenor in the Tenor search results or Content;
- promote or condone violence, or incite hate against an individual or group based on any characteristic that is associated with systemic discrimination or marginalization (including race, ethnicity, nationality, religion, disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender, or gender identity);
- promote, encourage, or support (A) graphic or gratuitous violence; (B) dangerous activities; (C) terrorism; (D) suicide or self-harm; (E) prostitution, escort services, and similar offerings; (F) bullying, blackmail, or revenge; (G) violating any person's privacy or publicity rights; or
- display sexually-explicit imagery (including pornographic content or behavior).