Requirements for All Review Collection
- Merchants are not allowed to offer their customers financial incentives to write reviews of any kind.
- This includes but is not limited to gift cards, discounts on future purchases, or anything of monetary value.
- Users must complete their review within 90 days of receiving a solicitation.
- All merchant ratings must be collected on a 1-5 or 1-10 scale.
- Only reviews directly collected by a review provider should be sent through the Google feed or displayed and factored into ratings on a review provider’s merchant page.
- Scraped or imported reviews from another review provider should never be sent through the Google feed or displayed and factored into ratings on the merchant page.
- Review providers are not allowed to partner with other companies that collect reviews and display those reviews on their behalf.
- Each merchant eligible for seller ratings must have a page that is public, visible, and discoverable via search engines with all reviews shown.
- Merchant pages and corresponding reviews should never be deleted after a merchant stops collecting reviews with a given review provider.
Fair Moderation Policies
- Merchants are not able to remove or moderate their reviews.
- Reviews may be flagged and will be removed only if the content contains hateful, violent, or inappropriate content, advertising or spam, is off-topic, or contains conflicts of interest.
- The review provider must have a set of requirements for removing user reviews and those requirements must be shared with Google.
- Reviewers have the ability to delete reviews at any time.
- When a user review is undergoing investigation, the review still must be sent through Google feeds.