The Google Maps Roads API has the following usage limits in place:
Standard Usage Limits
Users of the standard API:
Enable pay-as-you-go billing to unlock higher quotas:
$0.50 USD / 1000 additional requests, up to
You're all set!
Billing has been enabled for your selected project.
To enable billing and unlock higher quotas for the Google Maps APIs, we'll guide you through the Google Developers Console to complete a few tasks:
- Create or choose a project
- Set up or choose your billing profile
- Enable billing on your project
Premium Usage Limits
Google Maps APIs Premium Plan customers:
* Default limit. Contact your Google Enterprise Sales Account Manager if you need a higher limit.
Google Maps APIs Premium Plan customers
Additional benefits of a premium plan:
Contact Sales for more info.
The Google Maps Roads API enforces usage limits to prevent abuse and/or repurposing of the API. These limits may be changed in the future without notice. Additionally, we enforce a request rate limit to prevent abuse of the service. If you exceed these limits, the Google Maps Roads API may stop working for you temporarily. If you continue to exceed the limits, your access to the API may be blocked.
Increase your Quota by Enabling Pay-as-you-go Billing
The standard Google Maps Roads API supports up to
The maximum billable limit defaults to
If your API usage reaches your billable limit on any given day, your application will not be able to access the API for the remainder of that day.
Learn how to:
- Monitor, filter, and cap API usage
- Set and manage billing alerts
- View your cost and payment history
- Get an invoice or payment receipt