- Complex Styling for LineStrings with DrawOrder New!
An introduction to new styling capabilities in Google Earth 6.0.
- Converting GIS Vector Data to KML
A tutorial on converting shapefiles and other GIS data formats to KML using GDAL.
- Creating SuperOverlays with gdal2tiles
A tutorial on creating KML SuperOverlays with GDAL.
- Converting Geotagged Photos to KML PhotoOverlays
A guide to creating PhotoOverlays from embedded EXIF headers in photos taken from a GPS enabled camera.
- Converting CSV Files to KML
This tutorial outlines the basics of how to create KML from Comma Separated Value (CSV) files using Python.
- Geocoding Addresses for Use in KML
This tutorial is intended for developers who are familiar with scripting languages and want to learn how to use the Google Maps API Geocoder to geocode addresses and incorporate them into a KML file.
- Using PHP and MySQL to Create KML
This tutorial is intended for developers who are familiar with PHP and MySQL and want to learn how to generate KML from a MySQL database. For this tutorial, you will be creating two scripts that dynamically generate KML from a database of locations.
- Using Google Sites to Host Your KML
This tutorial will show you how to incorporate use Google Sites to host your KML files and share them with the world.
- Converting Large Panoramic Images to PhotoOverlays for Google Earth with 360 Cities
Describes the process of creating panoramic images and displaying them using PhotoOverlays, and how to host your images on 360 Cities.