Before you can use Hotel Prices, you must first perform a series of one-time tasks to set up your environment. After that, you must then perform periodic maintenance tasks to ensure that your data is kept up to date.
This section provides an overview of the one-time tasks that you perform during your initial implementation. For additional guidance, see About Hotel Ads integration.
To set up Hotel Prices, perform the following one-time tasks:
- Create a Hotel List Feed: Upload an XML or CSV file that lists all hotels for which you will provide pricing information; the Hotel List Feed itself does not contain pricing information.
- (Strongly recommended) Define room and package metadata: By defining this data ahead of time, your pricing updates do not need to include repetitive data such as descriptions, photo URLs, amenities, and other information about each and every room or package for each and every itinerary.
- Choose a delivery mode: Decide whether to use the Pull or Pull with Hints delivery mode to share your hotel prices with Google. Discuss configuration options with your Technical Account Manager (TAM), including thread counts, whitelisting endpoints, and query controls.
- (Optional) Configure your pricing endpoint: Use the Price Configuration tool to define default values for the check-in date and length of stay combinations for repricing hotels. You can also define overrides for specific hotels. (Advanced users can use Query Control messages.)
- (Hotel Ads only) Provide billing information: Tell your Technical Account Manager (TAM) how you should be billed when you participate in the ad auctions.
- Provide additional data: The following table summarizes
additional data that you define and share with Google when integrating with
Type of Data Description Required? Method of Delivery Price Feed Define pricing/availability for hotels and packages in your Hotel List Feed. Required Via the Hotel Ads Center or Pricing & Inventory (Transaction) XML Reference Points of Sale Use the Point of Sale Editor to define the endpoints to which end-users are sent after selecting a sponsored hotel in the search results. End-users can book rooms on the sites defined in the Points of Sale file. Required Point of Sale Editor or POS file Fenced Rates Specify different rates for your itineraries, based on the end-user's device and country, or whether the end-user is logged in to their Google account. Optional Pricing & Inventory (Transaction) XML Reference
- (Optional) Conversion tracking: Set up your conversion tracking snippet to ensure that your reports accurately reflect your conversions. You must also set up conversion tracking if you want to use enhanced CPC bidding (formerly known as automatic bid multipliers).
To test your implementation before going live, work with your TAM.
The following table summarizes the data feeds and files that you regularly provide to Google after you have completed the one-time tasks and started using Hotel Prices:
|Type of Data||Description||Structure||Frequency|
|"Price Feed"||Update pricing and availability for your hotels, including base
rates, fenced rates, and qualified rates for rooms and Room Bundles.
The way in which you update price information depends on your
For more information, see Delivery Modes.
|Hotel List Feed||Update the list of hotels for which you then provide pricing and availability information in your Price Feed. You can upload this feed at any time using the Feed Upload Tool.||
|Hotel List Feed||Fix data issues as they arise.||
|Room and Package Metadata||Update your room and Room Bundle descriptions. Descriptions likely change very infrequently (as often as the hotel itself changes their room configurations). Room Bundle descriptions typically change more frwequently.||
|Points of Sale||When you update your Price Feed (e.g., with Room Bundles, fenced rates, or new hotels), update the endpoints that users can use to book a room.||POS file or Hotel Ads Center||Occasionally|
|Price Feed Configuration||(Advanced) Define default values for the check-in date and length of stay combinations for repricing hotels. You can also define overrides for specified hotels.||Price Configuration tool or Query Control Message||Once/day|
|Price Accuracy Score||Check that your Price Accuracy Score is not affecting your bidding because of missing or inaccurate pricing. You can check your score with the Scorecard API or Price Accuracy Report in the Hotel Ads Center.||N/A||Occasionally|
After configuring your hotel prices, if you encounter errors, try solving the issues with the tips described in Troubleshooting Feeds.
For additional information about configuring and updating your data feeds, contact us.