With Click to Call, mobile users can click a button to call a specific partner to book hotel rooms. Click to Call gives users the option to book a hotel over the phone with the assistance of a live call center agent. Clicking on the call button launches the user’s “dialer” app.
To use Click to Call, add a new Point of Sale (POS) to your Points of Sale file. The new POS must conform to the following rules:
- Click to Call can only be used with end-users located in the following
- Canada ("CA")
- Germany ("DE")
- Great Britain ("GB")
- Spain ("ES")
- United States ("US")
- You must supply a phone number that matches the user country that your POS targets. For example, supply a US phone number to a POS that captures US users, and a German phone number for a POS that captures users located in Germany.
- The new POS can only be configured to target countries that Google has explicitly whitelisted for Click to Call (see above).
- The new POS must include a
<Phone>element rather than a
- If the hotel has surcharges for offline booking via a call center, define
The following example shows a Click to Call POS for end-users in the US whose language is either English or Spanish:
<PointOfSale id="TravelAgencyUSCallCenter" type="phone"> <Match status="yes" country="US"/> <Match status="yes" language="en"/> <Match status="yes" language="es"/> <Match status="yes" currency="USD"/> <Phone number="+18321234567"> <Fee type="per_minute" value="0.99" currency="USD"/> <Fee type="booking" value="2.99" currency="USD"/> </Phone> </PointOfSale>
For additional information, see Point of Sale File Syntax.